ATBinHex is a control that implements the quick file (stream) viewer.
Only visible part of file (or stream) is loaded into viewer, so it's suitable
to show files of unlimited size. Features:
- Support for huge file sizes (of type Int64)
- Support for Unicode file names
- Support for multiple encodings: ANSI, OEM, EBCDIC, KOI8, ISO, Mac etc.
- Many service methods implemented: copying to Clipboard, printing, search etc.
There are 5 view modes available:
- Text: file is shown in text form
- Binary: file is shown in binary form, with fixed line length
- Hex: file is shown in hex dump
- Unicode: Unicode contents of file is shown
- Unicode/Hex: combined Hex and Unicode modes
There is extended version of this component available,
which can show files in such modes as RTF, Image, Multimedia, Internet and Lister plugins.
But if you just need to show a plain file dump, ATBinHex should be enough.
There is also FreePascal/Lazarus version (ported from original Delphi version),
which is maintained by independent developer.
This version is currently in beta stage, some features of original version are not yet implemented.
For details and progress, refer to LuiPack page.
Version 2.8.1 (jan 2013) for Delphi 5-XE2, C++Builder 5-2010
See SF.net page
(ATViewer pack contains also other components)